How to get the most out of your vintage dance class.
Thursday, 26 May, 2016
If you've never been to a vintage dance class before it can feel pretty daunting - don't let that put you off though! A vintage dance class is a fabulous addition to your hen party and today The Showgirl Academy share their top tips to get the most out of yours!
- Arrive on time to ensure you make the most of your dance workshop - An obvious one really but running late means you'll all be rushed and frazzled and that's never the best way to start a dance class!
- Dressing up, although not compulsory can help you get into character for your chosen dance. We have plenty of amazing props you are welcome to borrow (you can request upon booking - there's no extra charge)
- Don't worry if you're an inexperienced dancer or have two left feet - The class is based upon fun and routines are designed for everyone to be able to follow!
- Wear sensible & comfortable footwear - Bring trainers or soft supportive shoes that are suitable for exercise - save the heels for later!
- Bring your Camera - We encourage filming the final routine and group photos at the end of the workshop. Some hens have even gone on to performing their routine at the wedding!
- And most importantly HAVE FUN - because that after all is what your hen party is all about!
Still not sure a dance class is for you? Here's what some previous hen groups have said about their vintage dance classes with The Showgirl Academy:
'Thanks again for the fantastic burlesque class on Saturday. We really enjoyed ourselves and were talking about it all afternoon. You’ll be pleased to know we made the most of our moves when we went out that evening! We had such fun and you were so professional, thank-you!' - Ruth Atteridge
‘Would like to thank Claire at The Showgirl Academy for a great day on Saturday, doing a can can session. All the girls had a great time, especially the hen and Claire was a great teacher. Was well worth it and it made our weekend!’ - Alison Hodson
You can find out more about The Showgirl Academy over on our Directory.